When you live in Arizona, there are an abundance of pests that may invade your home, including scorpions. These creatures look scary and can sting. Results may lead to cardiac issues, breathing difficulties, paralysis, or worse. It is important to recognize the various types of scorpions in Arizona that are most likely to appear in your home and how to deal with the problem. It is always smart to work with a professional company for scorpion control Arizona services. At SOS Exterminating, we are ready to help. Our business has been around for over nine decades. Let us assist you with your scorpion infestation problems.
Common Types of Scorpions in Arizona
There are four common types of scorpions in Arizona.
- Arizona Bark Scorpion. This kind of scorpion has a long and slender tail. Like the name implies, it is often found around tree bark and may enter a home in Arizona. Unfortunately, a sting from this type of scorpion will bring a lot of pain, swelling, muscle spasms, and breathing problems.
- Arizona Striped Tail Scorpion. This is another very common scorpion found in Arizona. This variety has a lustrous body, robust tail, and striped dorsal area. It has a yellow color with dark stripes. You will notice that it is relatively small in length. This kind of scorpion lives underneath rocks but finds its way indoors as well.
- Arizona Hairy Scorpion. This is the largest kind of scorpion in this country. Also, it is recognized for its hairy appearance. This variety is often found in saguaro forest regions.
- Yellow Ground Scorpion. This creature is often confused with the Arizona bark scorpion. It is slender with a yellow color. This variety is commonly found in the southeastern part of the state.
Ways to Keep Scorpions Out of Your Arizona Home
When a scorpion feels threatened, it will sting. Therefore, it is important to learn ways to keep this type of creature out of your home.
- Check Your Doors. Many times, there are open gaps underneath your home’s doors. This includes your garage door. Even the smallest space provides a place for a scorpion to enter your house. To avoid problems, you should consider installing door sweeps. These act as barriers that prevent scorpion invasions.
- Seal Your House. There are a number of holes that may be present in your home. For example, there may be spaces in your siding, foundation, roof, or windows. A tiny hole can open your house up to a scorpion problem. Therefore, is important to have all items sealed properly.
- Eliminate Yard Debris. If you want to prevent scorpions from entering your home, it is wise to keep your yard free of debris. For example, if wood is piled against your siding or around your yard, you should clear it away.
- Trim Shrubbery. When your home is surrounded by bushes and other shrubs, you leave yourself open to a scorpion invasion. These creatures hide in vegetation. When it is cut short and kept away from your home, you are less likely to see a scorpion crawling around the interior of your house.
Professional Scorpion Control Arizona Services
Scorpions are arachnids that love dry climates. Their pinchers are used to capture their victims. They can live months without food, but they need water and shade. When they enter your home, they may sting and cause devastating effects. To safely remove the pests, it is smart to consult with a professional scorpion control company.
At SOS Exterminating, we know the best and most effective ways to eliminate scorpion problems in your home. In the end, you regain a feeling of safety and security. For more information, contact us at 480-571-1473.