Pest Control Enhances Our Lives
Ten Pest Control Facts
- Nearly 20% of the world’s food supply is consumed by rodents.
- Rodents are prime carriers for dangerous pests such as fleas, ticks, and mites. This creature carries diseases that are transmittable to humans and animals.
- Fires and deaths incurred from them are caused by rodents through the U.S.
- 500,000 people are admitted to the emergency room from insect bites and stings. Nearly two million Americans are allergic to insects that sting. Pests such as fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes can transmit deadly diseases to humans including: malaria, plague, Lyme Disease, and West Nile Virus.
- Termites alone cost Americans an average of $5 Billion in damage repair.
- Bed bugs were until recently scarce. Pest Control professionals now are working together to diminish the population of bed bugs again.
- More than 45,000 people are bitten each year by rats leading to diseases like rat bite fever, Norway Ratsalmonella, the plague, trichinosis, and leptospirosis.
- If it was not for pest management practice, the food crops would be in danger with pests consuming more than 50% of the crop.
- Without pest management control practices, food sanitation, food regulation, and health regulations would not be achievable.
- Cockroaches have allergens that approximately 7-8% of the general public are allergic to. According to recent studies, the third leading cause in a child’s asthma is the roach allergen! Cockroaches are considered to be among the filthiest insects in existence as well as the fly. Millions of pathogens and bacterial cells are found on a roach.