Maricopa County | Pima County | Yavapai County | Coconino County | Pinal County
Mosquitoes. Not only are their bites annoying, but they can transmit parasites and viruses that can cause potentially fatal diseases like malaria, West Nile Virus, Zika, dengue, yellow fever, and chikungunya.
You shouldn’t need to constantly put on bug spray or use citronella candles to attempt to ward off these nasty pests just to enjoy your backyard. A qualified exterminator like those at SOS Exterminating can significantly reduce the number of mosquitoes on and around your property.
Mosquitoes and Disease
When mosquitoes feed on blood, they also swallow any parasites or viruses living in that blood, which they can then transmit to the next person the mosquito bites. Illnesses spread like this are known as “mosquito-borne diseases.”
Here are some sad stats about how many people are affected by mosquito-borne diseases each year:
- Around the world, up to 400 million people are infected with dengue each year, with around 40,000 of those people dying from severe dengue.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that in 2020, 241 million clinical cases of malaria occurred, and around 627,000 people died, most of them children in Africa.
- Hundreds of thousands of people are also affected by Zika, chikungunya, and yellow fever each year.
It’s easy to see why the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as many other organizations around the world, consider mosquitoes to be the world’s deadliest animal.
Schedule Your Service
A Safe and Effective Solution for Mosquito Control
You should enjoy your yard withoutthe nuisance, and potential health hazard, of mosquitoes. SOS Exterminating is here to help rid your yard of mosquitoes, safely and quickly.
- SOS Exterminating has exclusive rights to attractive toxic sugar baits (ATSB), a revolutionary new product that safely and effectively kills mosquitoes.
- Within approximately 48 hours, you will begin to see the effects of ATSB.
- ATSB reduces the mosquito population in the treated area by more than 90% in two to three weeks.
- The product is so safe that it doesn’t require EPA registration: Safe for your family and pets.
How Does Attractive Targeted Sugar Bait Work?
Attractive Targeted Sugar Bait, or ATSB, is unusual because it does not contain any toxic pesticides. The active ingredient is garlic oil, which is combined with sugar from date juice, orange juice, and other sources, to attract mosquitoes.
“They feed on it, and then, literally, the garlic oil makes them sick enough that they don’t want to then go bite a person.” – Dr. Stan Cope, Entomologist.
A large-scale field trial of ATSB showed that it drastically reduced the density of mosquitoes, especially the number of older females, resulting in significantly reduced transmission of the parasite that causes malaria.
What makes ATSB unique?
- ATSB doesn’t rely on random landings, like kill-on-contact products.
- ATSB doesn’t kill mosquitoes right away, but they are much less likely to bite humans after ingesting the bait.
Other Methods of Mosquito Control
While we always recommend using the services of a professional exterminator like SOS, there are other things you can do in addition to our mosquito treatment to help control mosquitoes in and around your home:
- Toss out standing water in birdbaths, trash containers, toys, pools, or anywhere else at least once a week
- Tightly cover water storage containers
- Repair cracks or gaps in septic tanks
- Cover open vent or plumbing pipes with wire mesh that has holes smaller than an adult mosquito
- Use larvicides in large water containers that can’t be covered or dumped out and won’t be used for drinking
- Use window and door screens and avoid leaving doors propped open
Schedule a Mosquito Treatment Today
If you’re tired of battling mosquitoes every time you want to enjoy your home’s outdoor space, contact SOS Exterminating to schedule your pest control service today! We have been proudly serving the Phoenix Metro Area as well as northern Arizona since 1937.
Contact SOS Extermining to schedule your service today!
Controlling Mosquitoes Professional Pest Control Services in Gilbert, AZ
Serving Maricopa County | Pima County | Yavapai County | Coconino County | Pinal County